This release features a range of improvements and updates for both core functionality and templates.
Amongst a range of improvements and enhancements:
- BP legacy templates are updated for aria labels to bring a vastly improved level of accessibility to layouts.
- In line with current practises anchor title attributes are replaced with an enhanced version usable for all devices, BP Tooltips now provides pop up title requirements on mouse hover or keyboard focus.
- Provide the capability to edit the Group slug: now site admins may edit the group name and the permalink in the dashboard.
- Prevent group invites being sent to users that have already received one.
- Uploading of profile images in mobile devices improved as well as better handling of files with non ASCII characters.
- Email links to private message threads now re-direct logged out users to the login screen, logged in users are directed to message thread.
- New template tag
- Add an order_by parameter for activity queries.
You can see the full set of changes on our codex page Version 2.9.0
Buddypress is a volunteer project and the core team acknowledges the contributions from everyone listed below that helped to bring 2.9 to the community.
- Antonio Mangiacapra (antonioeatgoat),
- Benj (benjlipchak),
- Boone B Gorges (boonebgorges),
- Bunty (bhargavbhandari90),
- Brajesh Singh (sbrajesh),
- Christian Wach (needle),
- David Cavins (dcavins),
- Henry Wright (henry.wright),
- Hugo (hnla),
- Ido Friedlander (idofri),
- Jay (uscore713),
- John Blackbourn (johnbillion),
- John James Jacoby (johnjamesjacoby),
- Laurens Offereins (Offereins),
- Mathieu Viet (imath),
- Michael Beckwith (tw2113),
- Mike Gillihan (MikeGillihan),
- Milind More (milindmore22),
- Nicolas Kulka (NicolasKulka),
- Paul Gibbs (DJPaul),
- paresh.radadiya (pareshradadiya),
- Renato Alves (espellcaste),
- Rian Rietveld (rianrietvelde),
- Samuel Elh (elhardoum),
- Slava Abakumov (slaffik),
- Stephen Edgar (netweb),
- Vishal Kakadiya (vishalkakadiya),
This release is named after what is thought to the oldest and thus first Italian restaurant in the UK established circa 1922 in Aberdeen.